Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Claw

Phoenix here.

Mom is being lazy and hasn't updated my blog. She'd rather clean the house. Phhht.

Do I have to do everything around here?

So a couple days ago, Mom came across some dog blogs she used to read. She was very happy, until she realized I was reading them too, and picking up bad behavior.

I'm a pretty good boy most of the time. Mom will vouch for me. But upon reading Meeshka's blog, I was reminded of a Husky trait I'd forgotten about…

The claw!

I haven't clawed in a long time. Mom thought she'd seen the last of it and that I'd outgrown it. Doubly pffft.

Yesterday I wanted to go outside so I used the nose technique. You know, push your cold, wet nose on your human to let them know it's time to focus on me. It didn't work. She ignored me. I got more persistent. I even added the nudge. Nothing. I was about to use the old "push on her laptop so it closes and then she has to pay attention to me" when I remembered the claw!

So when she least expected it, and thought I was just sitting there being a good boy, I struck.

A firm claw, right down her leg. She nearly shot out of the couch! Awoo-hoo-hoo! It was awesome. Best of all, it worked. She promptly took me out.

If your human isn't doing your bidding, don't forget about the claw!

Thanks for the reminder Meeshka!


No comments:

Post a Comment