Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Feelin Frisky Again

We're back and feeling frisky again!

Phoenix is feeling much better. If you follow my personal blog you know all the lovely details, if not I will fill you in on some of them.

He stopped eating his food quite abruptly a couple of weeks ago. He then started vomiting. He'd been on Iams per our vets recommendations and had been doing okay on it.

The vomiting stopped, but he continued to refuse the Iams, so I switched back to his old food to get him through until I figured out what was wrong.

He then started vomiting again, much more than before. I decided to take him to his vet as soon as they opened in the morning. I gave him a little bit of rice and we went back to bed. Later that morning, he seemed to be feeling a bit better, and was keeping his food down so we decided to hold off on the vet for the time being.

I started researching food and was quite dismayed to see the ingredient list on Iams, as well as several consumer complaints as far as allergies. Allergies are something that Phoenix has been dealing with quite a lot. I had been shelling out more money for a dog food that still had many of the same ingredients as the lower grade dog foods.

There were no recalls on Iams, and I am still unsure as to why he stopped eating it, but I'm glad he did.

So we've switched to Blue Buffalo Longevity. He seems quite happy on it and is eating better than he ever did. We do breakfast and dinner now. I mix in rice and veggies a few times a week, as well as plain fat free yogurt for breakfast a couple of times per week.

Hopefully the allergies will clear up soon. If not we'll head to the vet to get them checked out.

For now, he's back to chasing the cats and playing with his Wubba!


1 comment:

  1. Yogurt! Oh my goodness! That is hysterical! We'll have to see if Ella will eat yogurt!

    ReplyDelete